Feedback comes in various forms with two perceived types: positive and negative. Most people hate to get negative feedback, and hate to give it even more. Someone once told me that an easy way to be able to give negative feedback is to learn how to give positive feedback. Once you are comfortable with positive – the coaching cycle of negative feedback will be much easier. Feedback, when used properly, is a tool. Correcting the course along the way keeps the ship from crashing. Consider your positive assurance and creative corrections the buoys keeping the path. For those that dislike confrontation realize that it does get easier when seen as a tool and when practiced.
I want to encourage you that feedback is essential for both the sender and receiver.Please consider taking a look at the website and podcasts of Manager Tools (specifically the link provided).
Below are a few links and quotes about feedback.
Related articles & Quotes
- Reversing the polarity of Negative feedback (cab354.wordpress.com)
- How to Deliver Negative Feedback (managementblog.org)
- Spirit Post: Handling Negative Feedback (graceisthenewglam.com)
- “Feedback is th… (mountainprayer.wordpress.com)
- Improving Through Feedback (ethancbanks.com)
- Feedback is the breakfast of champions.(Ken Blanchard)
- Performance is your reality. Forget everything else.(Harold S Geneen)
- No one cares about your opinion. We want your analysis; Say the right thing at the right time; If you have something nice to say, please say it; Give me feedback, no matter what. (Seth Godin)
- Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain … and most fools do.(Dale Carnegie)
- I have yet to find the man, however exalted his station, who did not do better work and put forth greater effort under a spirit of approval than under a spirit of criticism.(Charles Schwab)